Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Men: Amena's take

am going to wax poetic. So I have been contacted by a couple of guys from the online website. One of the b@stards admits, he was online because his fiance was not giving him enough attention. At least he was honest about it. But that brings up the question of how many of these bozos are doing the same thing. Seriously, have we as a society lost all friggin' comprehension of things like fidelity? I listened to this talk show this a.m. and these radio dj's were talking about an article that came out that said that women were more likely to forgive an affair than men were. Ok. Let's dissect that, shall we?

a) I happen to know someone who forgave her husband of an affair. Is she happy in her marriage? From an outsider's perspective, sure. But from a friend's perspective, when she calls me crying because her dumb@ss husband can't think with his big head, I have to wonder. She says she was always waiting for the shoe to drop. Even though he is her best friend, she, in the back of her mind, was waiting to be disappointed. Now, not getting into therapeutic issues that arise here, this really brings home the point: she may not have expected him to cheat, but she was certainly not surprised.

b) My second point: I think women are more likely to forgive an affair because and I know this is harsh, but let's call a spade a spade: we don't have high expections for our significant others. I.e. in general, we perceive them (men) to be stupid. Now don't get your panties all you married ladies in a twist. But think about it. Do you really, really think that your husbands, significant others etc. are really as smart as you emotionally? I know. I know. Big ole manhater comment. But heck, seriously, I think our society has gone way too far in accepting emotional mediocrity, behavioral mediocrity and mediorcrity in general. Nobody owns their own issues. It's always somebody else's fault. OOOOHHHHH this yanks my chain.

c) Of course, Married men may be the exception to the above-mentioned rule. But here is my take on that: married men are trained like monkeys. Like Pavlov's dog, married men have been trained to perform in a manner in accordance with their perceived reward: i.e. food, sex, power tools etc. The minute a wife get lax with training, the monkey reverts back to behavior only exhibited in the wild, i.e. sniffing randomn female butts.
Ok, now that was a manhater comment.

d) This is not to say they don't have their uses: changing the oil in the car, getting the cereal box from the top shelf, grunting at intruders. The obligatory procreation cycle. Just don't give them too much to think about. Seriously, I am not mad at all... Jack@sses.
Have a great day.

No comments: